The Department of Forensic Medicine at TOMCH&RC,Bangalore was established in 1994. It has well equipped Lecture Theater,Demonstration Rooms,Research Lab Facility and a well-organised Centralised museum. The Department has well equipped Morgue that can handle Two Autopsies Simultaneously and has Morgue Facility to Store 12 Bodies.Beside this,the Department also has facility to handle Decomposed bodies. The Department Caters to all the Medico Legal needs of Five Police Stations surrounding the Institute. The Department is one of the Referral Center for all Expert Forensic Work in Bangalore. The Department also handles Academic Teaching Activity to Police,Lawyers and Medical Students.
- To be One of the Global Center for Academic Excellence and Research in the Field of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- A Center to Establish Highest Standards in the Forensic Practice.
- To Aid the Police/Magistrate/Courts in the Administration of Justice.
- To Establish Highest Standards in the Field of Medical Education and Forensic Practice.
- To Assist The Investigating Officer in Establishing the Cause and Manner of Death.
- To Uphold the Values of Criminal Justice system.
- To Foster Highest standards in Educating the Police, Lawyers and Medical Students in the field of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- To Establish Accountablity and Transperancy in the course of MedicoLegal Work so as to uphold the Professionalism in this Field.